St. Andrew's Church
service each Sunday 10.30am
Church open weekdays from 11.00am till 1pm
+ 350 2007 7040
Minister: Rev Ewen MacLean
St Andrew’s Church began as garrison church for the Scots regiments stationed on the Rock in the nineteenth century. The building was completed in 1854, and a pipe organ added in 1905. In 1953 a memorable triptych of stained glass windows was added above the chancel at the south end, depicting St Andrew, Christ and St Columba. Linked until 2002 with Fuengirola, the congregation were the first in the Presbytery to adopt a 75% ministry. The church is popular for weddings and hosts St Andrew’s Music Academy, an association of music tutors. It was also one of the first churches to fit a computer organ system which accompanies hymns. More recently it initiated the Gibraltar Inter-faith Group which brings together different faiths on the Rock (pop.30K).